Journals, Articles etc
LIST OF RESEARCHES
1. Governance for Disaster Risk Reduction: Integrated Governance Approaches to Flood Disaster Management in Malaysia Using Risk Reduction Tools Leading to Sustainability Development
2. Kajian Kesedaran Golongan Belia Pulau Pinang Terhadap Kelestarian
3. Disaster Risk Management: A Development of Disaster Preparedness Model for Hospitals towards Sustainable Development
4. A Heuristic Evolutionary base Model for Flood Disaster Logistic Scheduling
5. Penilaian Semula Program 1AZAM Kerajaan Puysat dalam Kalangan Penduduk Miskin Bandar
6. Melestarikan Pengangkutan Awam di kawasan Eko-Pelancongan
7. SUSDEXPlus Academic Review and Validation Study
8. Investigation of Artificial Intelligence in Influencing Human Cognitive for Sustainable Development in Education
9. Morphometric analysis and the application of molecular techniques in solving phenotypic plasticity of Reshia bitubecularis (subfamily Rapaninae : Family Muricidae) inferred from mtDNA COI and 16S for future sustainable food security
10. Membentuk Model Pemantauan Menggunakan Sistem Informasi Geografi (GIS) Untuk Memperkasa Golongan B40 Menjelang Wawasan 2020
11. Knowledge, Awareness and Attitude in regards to Polar Regions in Global Change among Secondary Schools and HEI Student: A Pilot Study in Terengganu
12. Audit Kelestarian Berkomputer Neurologik
13. Assessment of Institutional and Policy Framework to Strengthen Malaysia' Antarctic Research Programme
14. An Integrated Approach to Sustainable Rural-Urban Development for Rakyat Sejahtera
15. Kajian Kerentanan Dan Adaptasi Masyarakat Terhadap Bahaya Bencana Banjir Di Daerah Padang Terap, Kedah
16. Malaysia's National Preparatory Process for Rio+20
17. Delivering Sustainability Excellence Showcasing Balik Pulau as a Sustainability Village
18. Towards Ideopolis Kuala Lumpur: Capitalizing On Higher Education For The Development Of Globalizing City-Region
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS (2009-2016)
1. Ibrahim, K., Shabudin, A. F. A., Chacko Koshy, K., & Asrar, G. R. (2016). A new framework for integrated climate finance and inclusive responses to sustainable development in Malaysia. Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 1-15.
2. Osman, O., Ibrahim, K., Koshy, K., Shabudin, A. F.A, Azhar, S. S. N. F. (2016). Empowerment of communities towards disaster resilience through disaster risk management for sustainable development. Together We Stand. Tudor Rose.
3. Osman, O., Mey, S. S. C., Ibrahim, K., Hassan, H. A., Ghazali, M., & Koshy, K. C. (2016). The Role of Solution-Oriented Knowledge Transfer Programme and Networking in Charting a New Course in University-Stakeholder Engagement. In Engaging Stakeholders in Education for Sustainable Development at University Level (pp. 243-262). Springer International Publishing.
4. Bashir, M., Rajendran, P., Ng, T. F., & Wang, S. L. (2016). Outline for Mission-based Morphing Evaluation with Smart Material Technology. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 11(6), 4012-4016.
2. Nor, R. M. (2015). Success Factors for Baitulmal Management during the Reign of Caliph Umar ibn Abdul Aziz. Open Journal of Social Sciences,3(05), 90.
3. Shabudin, A. F. A., Rahim, R. A., Nor, N. M., & Ibrahim, K. (2015) Antarctic values and Malaysia's involvement in Antarctica: perceptions among young citizens of Malaysia. Polar Record, 1-11.
4. Nor, R. M. (2015). Baitulmal Management During the Reign of Caliph Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz. Arts and Social Sciences Journal, 2015.
5. Nor, R. M., Koshy, K. C., & Ibrahim, K. (2015). Financing for Sustainable Development: Reflections on the Malaysian Perspective against the Six Capital Types Proposed by United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network. Journal of Human Resource and Sustainability Studies,3(03), 141.
6. Hassan, M. S., & Ibrahim, K. (2015). Sustaining Small Entrepreneurs Through a Microcredit Program in Penang, Malaysia: A Case Study. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 25(3), 182-191.
7. Osman, O., Ibrahim, K., Koshy, K., & Muslim, M. (2015). The Institutional Dimension of Sustainability: Creating an Enabling Environment for Sustainability Transformation at USM. In Transformative Approaches to Sustainable Development at Universities (pp. 225-238). Springer International Publishing.
8. Akib, N. A. M., Tam, B. M., Phumee, P., Abidin, M. Z., Tamadoni, S., Mather, P. B., & Nor, S. A. M. (2015). High Connectivity in Rastrelliger kanagurta: influence of historical signatures and migratory behaviour inferred from mtDNA Cytochrome b. PloS one, 10(3), e0119749.
9. Osman, O., Ibrahim, K., Koshy, K., & Muslim, M. 2015. The institutional dimension of sustainability: policy response for enhanced practice at Universiti Sains Malaysia.
10. Osman, O., Ibrahim, K.,Koshy, K., Ahmad, F., Yahya, A.S. (2015). Land use and the restoration of degraded land towards sustainable development in Malaysia. Living Land. Tudor Rose.
11. Kamarulazizi Ibrahim, Kanayathu C Koshy and Walter Leal Filho (2015). The Future We Want: Post Rio+20 Sustainable Development Goals and the Role Of Education For Sustainable Development. In Helen Kopnina, Eleanor Shoreman-Ouimet. Sustainbility : Key Issues. Routledge. 155 pp
12. Ibrahim, K. (2015). Building Capacity for Reducing Loss and Damage Resulting from Slow and Rapid Onset Climatic Extremes through Risk Reduction and Proactive Adaptation within the Broader Context of Sustainable Development. APN E-Lib. Reterived from http://www.apn-gcr.org/resources/items/show/19
1. Sibly, S., Rahim, A. A., Fizri, F. F. A., Manaf, N. A., & Othman, M. 2014. Sustainability assessment methodology: measuring Universiti Sains Malaysia’s transformation to a sustainability-led university. Intergenerational Learning and Transformative Leadership for Sustainable Futures, 329.
2. Koshy. K, (2014), Creation Care: the new Mission Field for Stewardship and Sustainability, – a community service paper, Silver Jubilee Souvenir 1988-2013, Jerusalem Mar Thoma Church, Cochin , India, Published under the blessing of Dr. Joseph Mar Thoma XX1Metropolitan of Malabar Throne.
3. Manaf, N. A., Koshy, K. C., & Ibrahim, K. (2014). The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA): Impact on Health in Malaysia. International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, 7(3), 1156.
4. Sibly, S., Kamarulazizi. I, Koshy. K, and Marlinah.M . 2014. Environmental Education and Curriculum Development: Towards A Sustainability-led University. Proceedings of the 1st Regional Conference On Campus Sustainability 2014, Malaysia, pp 16
5. Koshy. K, Kamarulazizi. I, Development with a Difference: A Goal based Approach to Global Sustainability, SDSN , International conference on Sustainable Development Practice, Columbia University, New York, 17-18 Sep, 2014; Conference Proceedings
6. Kamarulazizi. I, Abdul Manaf. N, Koshy.K, Sibly, S., Poverty Reduction for Sustainable Development: Evidence-based Solutions from Malaysia’s Inclusive Growth, International conference on Sustainable Development Practice, Columbia University, New York, 17-18 Sep, 2014; Conference Proceedings
7. Fizri, F. F. A., Rahim, A. A., Sibly, S., Koshy, K. C., & Nor, N. M. (2014). Strengthening the Capacity of Flood-Affected Rural Communities in Padang Terap, State of Kedah, Malaysia. In Sustainable Living with Environmental Risks (pp. 137-145). Springer Japan.
8. Suzyrman Sibly, Kamarulazizi Ibrahim, Kanayathu C. Koshy, Marlinah Muslim 'Environmental Education and Curriculum Development: Towards a Sustainability-led University' 1st Regional Conference on Campus Sustainability 2014 (1RCCS), Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. 7th – 9th April., 2014.
9. Ahmad Firdaus Ahmad Shabudin (2014). The Role of Higher Education Institution in Ensuring the Sustainability of Polar Region. Bio-Bulletin, Vol 1 2014.
1. Omar Osman, Kamarulazizi Ibrahim, Kanayathu C. Koshy, Ismail Abustan, (2013) 'A Use-Inspired Approach to Sustainable Water Management', a paper by invitation in the UNESCO-Tudor Rose (U.K) book on 'Water Cooperation', Free Flow, 2013, ISBN 978-92-3-104256-0.
2. Kamarulazizi Ibrahim, Kanayathu C. Koshy, and Asrar. G, 'Development with a Difference: Neo-Disaster Risk Management for Sustainable Development', An 'Opinion' paper by invitation on an innovative idea, Journal of Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, link – http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/18475705.2013.82429, Pub: Taylor & Francis, England (2013).
3. Koshy, K. C., Nor, N. M., Sibly, S., Rahim, A. A., Jegatesen, G., & Muhamad, M. (2013). An Indicator-based Approach to Sustainability Monitoring and Mainstreaming at Universiti Sains Malaysia. In Sustainability Assessment Tools in Higher Education Institutions (pp. 237-258). Springer International Publishing.
4. Ahmad Firdaus Ahmad Shabudin, Norizan Md Nor & S.Zainal Ariff S.Jamaluddin. (2013). The Changes of Landscape in Malaysia’s Science Policy on Antarctica Research Programme. In Proceeding of the 6th Malaysian International Seminar on Antarctica 2013, Penang, Malaysia 8-9 Oct 2013.
5. T.F. Ng, D. Jiang, X. Jia, D. Paull, and H. Wang, "Change Detection for Sustainability Monitoring Using Satellite Remote Sensing Data", in the Third International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC2013), Islamic Azad University, Dubai, UAE, 30th Jan to 1st Feb., 2013.
6. Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Govindran Jegatesen, Hamoon Khelghat-Doost and Norizan Md. Nor (2013), Ranking of Institutions of Higher Education: The Need for a Global Paradigm Shift, Charting New Directions for Muslim Universities (chapter in book), ISBN: 978-983-861-610-2
1. Norizan Md Nor, Suzyrman Sibly, Asirah Abd Rahim…& Ahmad Firdaus Ahmad Shabudin (2012). Mengukur Kelestarian Sebuah Universiti APEX. In Inisiatif - Inisiatif Terpilih Universiti APEX. Penang: Penerbit USM.
2. Norizan Md Nor & Ahmad Firdaus Ahmad Shabudin. (2012). Assessment of Institutional and Policy Framework to Strengthen Antarctic Research Programme. POLAR@USM. Penang: Centre for Global Sustainability Studies, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
3. Norizan Md Nor, Salfarina Abd Gapor, Govindran Jegathesen and Hamoon Khelghat-Doost (2012). A Sustainable Strategy for Gauging Rural Vulnerability and Promoting Sustainable Rural and Urban Lifestyles. In Walter Leal Filho anthology Sustainable Development at Universities: New Horizons (pp 617-630). Germany.
4. Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Norizan Md Nor, hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Govindran Jegatesen, Tunku Fatimah Firdaus Dato' Tunku Fariddudin,(2012) "The Malaysian Primary Education System and Sustainability: Challenges and Oppurtunities, The International Journal of Reserach and Review, Vol 8, March, 33-52
5. Omar Osman, Norizan Md Nor and Kanayathu Koshy (2012). A Vision for Sustainability Transformation at a Knowledge Base Instituition. In Future Perfect, Rio+20, United nation Conference on Sustainable Development (pp 59-63)
6. Hollingshead, Brandon P., Peter Blaze Corcoran, Adnan A. Hezri, Kanayathu Chacko Koshy, Joseph P. Weakland, and Zakri Abdul Hamid (2012). “The Ethical Dimension of Sustainability in Higher Education: Applying the Principles of the Earth Charter in Malaysia and Beyond.” In Sustainable Development in Universities: New Horizons, Ed. Walter Leal Filho. Frankfurt, Germany: Peter Lang Scientific Publishers, 2012. 529-540. Print.
1. Koshy. K (Book chapters): Climate in Asia and the Pacific: A Synthesis of APN Activities (Ch 2: Seasonal Climate Prediction and Applications and Ch 8: Climate Change Policy and Outreach), the near final draft is ready and the Synthesis Book will be published by Asia Pacific Network for Global Change Research, Kobe, Japan, in March 2011
2. Salfarina Abdul Gapor, Suzyrman Sibly, Jacqueline Liza Clarence B. Fernandez, Tunku Fatimah Firdaus Dato Tunku Fariddudin and Kamarulazizi Ibrahim (2011) “USM-APEX” Transforming Malaysia’s Economy Towards Achieving a high Income Society: Establishing a Front-End Industrial Base, Centre for Global Sustainability Studies, USM: Penang (48 pages)
3. Hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Govindran Jegatesen, Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Tunku Fatimah Firdaus Dato' Tunku Fariddudin (2011), Multiethnicity in Southeast Asia and Education: Case Study of Vision Schools in Malaysia" Global Journal of Human Social Science, Volume 11, Issue 10, December 2011
4. Hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Govindran Jegatesen, Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Tunku Fatimah Firdaus Dato' Tunku Fariddudin (2011), Universities of the Islamic World: Catalysts for Global Sustainability Transformation -A Discourse Analysis, The International Journal of Research and Review, Time Taylor Academic Journals, Vol. 7, No.2. October 2011
5. Sirat Morshidi & Asyirah Abdul Rahim. (2011). Going Global: Development, Risks and Responses in Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya. In Stephen Hamnett and Dean Forbes (Eds.). Planning Asian Cities: Risks and Resilience (pp. 220 – 239). London: Routledge.
6. Asyirah Abdul Rahim, Azrina Husin, Benny Teh Cheng Guan, Chan Lean Heng, Fera Fizani Ahmad Fizri, Janet Liyana Pillai Abdullah and Premalatha Karupiah. (2011). Contribution to Social, Cultural and Environmental Development. In Morshidi Sirat, Aniswal Abd. Ghani and Clarene Tan Chern Chieh (Eds.). Universities, communities and region: The case of the Penang city-region, Malaysia (pp. 121-144). Pulau Pinang: National Higher Education Research Institute.
7. Salfarina Abdul Gapor, Asyirah Abdul Rahim, Muhamad @ Abd Malik Daud @ Abd. Aziz, (2011) Community and Biodiversity: Developing and Marketing an Intercropping System of Banana and Torch Ginger for Sustainable Income Generation at Balik Pulau, Pinang, The Asia Regional Forum on Biodiversity, Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel, 5 November 2011.
8. Hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Govindran Jegatesen, Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Tunku Fatimah Firdaus Dato' Tunku Fariddudin (2011), Striving Toward Sustainability: The Role of Penang's Environmental NGOs - A Discourse Analysis International Conference on Humanities. Penang, Malaysia (14-16 June 2011).
1. Dzulkiﬂi A. Razak, Zakri A. Hamid, Zainal A. Sanusi and Kanayathu C. Koshy , (2010), Transforming Higher Education for a Sustainable Tomorrow: A Case of Learning by Doing at Universiti Sains Malaysia a paper by invitation in the UNESCO-Tudor Rose (U.K) on ’Tomorrow Today’, 2013, ISBN 0-9536140-8-5
2. Hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Tunku Fatimah Firdaus Tunku Fariddudin and Zainal Abidin Sanusi. 2010. "Towards a Sustainable Community through a Sustainable University", International Conference on Sustainable Community Development 2010, Putrajaya, Malaysia, 20-22 July 2010.
3. Hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Tunku Fatimah Firdaus Tunku Fariddudin and Zainal Abidin Sanusi. 2010. "Developing the Human Capital in Higher Education for Sustainability", 14th UNESCO-APEID International Conference Education for Human Resource Development, 21-23 October 2010 Bangkok, Thailand
4. Suzyrman Sibly, Salfarina Abdul Gapor and Kanayathu C.Koshy (2010) Implementation of the New Economic Model: The Role of Education for Sustainable Development in Building Knowledge Base Infrastructure, Centre for Sustainability Studies, USM: Penang (28 pages)
5. Corcoran, Peter Blaze and Kanayathu C. Koshy. “The Pacific Way: Sustainability in Higher Education in the South Pacific Island Nations.” International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. 11.2 (2010): 130-140. Print
1. Omar Osman, Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Salfarina Abdul Gapor and Hamoon Khelghat-Doost (eds.) (2009) Education for Sustainable Development: Strategies and Actions of Institutions of Higher Learning, The 2006 Conference of the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL), Sinaran Bros. Press dan RCE Penang (252 pages)
2. Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Azlan Amran, Salfarina Abdul Gapor, Asyirah Abdul Rahim, Hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Govindran Jegatesen and Mehran Nejati (2009) Local Solutions for Global Problems, !st regional Conference on Sustainable Development: RECOSD’08, Sinaran Bros, USM publisher and Yayasan Tun Razak (99 pages)
3. Salfarina Abdul Gapor (2009) Sustainable Agriculture in Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Azlan Amran, Salfarina Abdul Gapor, Asyirah Abdul Rahim, Hamoon Khelghat-Doost, Govindran Jegatesen and Mehran Nejati (2009) Local Solutions for Global Problems, 1st regional Conference on Sustainable Development: RECOSD’08, Sinaran Bros, USM publisher and Yayasan Tun Razak, p.33-48.
4. Salfarina Abdul Gapor (2009) EFSD in Action, Review for Chapter 4, Omar Osman, Zainal Abidin Sanusi, Salfarina Abdul Gapor and Hamoon Khelghat-Doost (eds.) (2009) Education for Sustainable Development: Strategies and Actions of Institutions of Higher Learning, The 2006 Conference of the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL), Sinaran Bros. Press dan RCE Penang, p.175-176.